BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

August 26, 2009

This being my first post I guess I should offer some background information on why I chose weight loss surgery.

First off, this is not the easy way out. After surgery, I will no longer be able to eat like the rest of the world. Hard, since I love to cook and I love food. Obviously, I didn't get to this weight by not liking food. I have trained myself to eat to live, not live to eat. Let's hope it pays off!

I have tried every fad diet from Kosher to Adkins, Weight Watchers, etc with little or no success and I always end up gaining more weight than when I started. I had all of the testing done and it's been determined it's not WHAT I eat but how my body processes what I eat. This is why my nutritionist recommended me for surgery. You will hear me refer to my nutritionist as Roshni. She's pretty awesome. Some people call her mean but that has not been my experience so far. She's supportive and has hopefully prepared me for what's in store the next few years.

Starting Monday, I will begin the OPTIFAST diet. This means I will drink 4 shakes and two of the optifast meals a day. One will be tomato soup (if you can call it that) and the other will be a "chocolate" bar. It tastes like a bloody slimfast shake. Pretty gross.

Tonight I have to go shopping and here's my list:

Digital scale
Magic Bullet to grind my food when I'm on the liquid diet. That's right...I have to liquify...meat. *gulp*
ounce measuring glasses
baby food (the meat kind)
Protein powder

So, I guess that's all I have time for right now. John Paul is eating kitchen magnets and I have dishes to tend to.

Thanks for reading!

No comments: